Friday, April 22

link it up


Bite Size Copenhagen Guide: Don't miss the "An Apple Falls in the Rum," a Nordic take on a classic Old Fashioned, spiced with aquavit and served with a crispy rye crouton.:


I am SO looking forward to this weekend. D and I are finally celebrating his birthday (couldn't in March, due to travel and abstaining from alcohol, so what kind of party would that be?!). We're going to the Columbia Room for a 5-course tasting menu dinner, where each course is a cocktail (with food on the side). Columbia Room used to be a speakeasy in the back room of another bar, but it closed before D and I got to try it. I was thrilled when I saw it had reopened in a bigger, better space. After this weekend I have some crazy travel on deck, so I'm looking forward to relaxing and spending time together before the madness. Hope you have a good one planned!

Did anyone else ready The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up? Great read, if you can get beyond the "inanimate objects have human feelings" mumbo jumbo. The author shares her incredibly minimal home.

Food isn't healthy or unhealthy- WE are healthy or unhealthy. An interesting perspective.

Been having long chats with several people about masculinity, emotional honesty, societal pressure around gender stereotypes, and many things addressed in this article. One thing my sons will know is that, in my family, "manning up" is about communicating honestly, accessing emotions, reflecting thoughtfully on relationships, and living in the great example set by my dad, my brother, my partner, and quite frankly most of the men in my life.

Finally, happy happy birthday to my best girl, my sister, M. You get cooler every year.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I hadn't seen that picture before, I like it!

    ReplyDelete

how you like dem apples?